How to Floss, The Right Way!
Flossing should be part of your daily dental routine. How do you know if you are flossing effectively? A little extra time spent flossing, can make a big difference! Here are a few helpful steps to follow:
- Use a dental floss that contains fluoride.
- Floss with 18 to 24 inches of dental floss.
- Wrap floss around your index and middle fingers to help hold the floss.
- Form a “C” shape when flossing around each tooth.
- Floss in a back and forth motion, by pushing and pulling up and down the sides of your tooth.
- Make sure to reach the teeth at the back of your mouth (including your molars!).
Flossing is key to maintaining good dental hygiene. Make sure to take the time, especially before bed time to get the day’s food out from between your teeth. Leaving these bits of food in between your teeth overnight can promote tooth decay and cavities. Contact us at Brown’s Line Dental in Etobicoke for more dental care tips.
– The Brown’s Line Dental TeamAppointment Request